Red61 is a successful live event ticketing software company, providing software, services and consultancy to festivals and venues around the world.
We are the ticketing solution that drives the Edinburgh Festival Fringe (the largest arts festival in the world), Adelaide Fringe as well as other UK and international events.
Red61 uses a wide range of innovative technologies that provide the best solutions for event sales, data capture and distribution. This includes a number of unique capabilities that enable Red61’s clients to provide a high class service and an excellent customer experience.
Role and Responsibilities
Red61 is seeking to appoint a Senior Systems / DevOps Administrator, to be part of the Development team providing the technical platform for Red61’s market-leading technology. This role will introduce you to a wide range of both exciting new technologies, as well as more mature platforms such as Java Enterprise Edition. Red61 is adept at combining technologies to build reliable, performant systems to meet the demands of temporary events.
Red61’s investment in technology provides the successful applicant a unique opportunity to learn and also influence the technological landscape of the Company.
You’ll show a passion for technology and a desire for learning as well as teaching others. You’ll also work closely with your colleagues as a team, with a sense of shared ownership to ensure client uptime is maximised, acknowledging that working outside normal office hours is occasionally required to get the job done. Remote working will be considered.
Maintenance of between 60 and 150 Linux hosts depending on client activity
Actively monitor systems to identify issues and take responsibility for fixing problems as they arise. Participate in evening and weekend on-call rota to ensure 24/7/365 support coverage.
Maintain strong communication links with colleagues in the development team to ensure successful knowledge sharing and task handover.
Maintain documentation of the current systems environment and communicate change to the environment to the team.
Maintain and support information security policy and participate in monitoring and recording of the PCI:DSS regime of the company and key customers.
Technical support of server side applications including mail servers, phone systems, file servers, support systems and application & server monitoring systems.
● Linux Systems Administration with Commercial experience, preferably CentOS / RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or Debian.
● Terraform or CloudFormation
● Experience in cloud platforms, preferably AWS
● Ability to use your own initiative to creatively solve problems, whilst also knowing the best time to ask for help from your colleagues.
● Ability to plan work and proactively manage systems to enable the company’s growth, securely and efficiently.
● Excellent communication skills. An ability to communicate with both technical & non-technical colleagues and customers.
Preferred additional skills and experience:
● Shell scripting skills
● Basic networking skills, including routing, firewalling, DNS, DHCP
● JBossAS, JBoss EAP or other Java EE container, e.g Tomcat
● Network and performance monitoring
● Some experience of CI/CD deployments
● MySQL/MariaDB administration (queries, maintenance & performance tuning)
● Linux High Availability (Clusters)